Vietnam Women's Memorial
|Vietnam Women's Memorial|
Vietnam Women's Memorial in 2008.
|Governing body||National Park Service|
The Vietnam Women's Memorial is a memorial dedicated to the women of the United States who served in the Vietnam War, most of whom were nurses. It serves as a reminder of the importance of women in the conflict. It depicts three uniformed women with a wounded soldier. It is part of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and is located on National Mall in Washington D.C., a short distance south of The Wall, north of the Reflecting Pool.
It was designed by Glenna Goodacre and dedicated on November 11, 1993.
- Vietnam Women's Memorial Foundation
- The women who died in the war
- Noonie Fortin's list of US women lost in Vietnam
- Donut Dollie Diary, a site about Susan McLean and Ginny Kirsch
- C-Span Video: Dedication ceremony