2002 Pulitzer Prize
A listing of the Pulitzer Prize award winners for 2002:
- Journalism 1
- Letters 2
- References 3
- External links 4
- The New York Times, for A Nation Challenged, a special section published regularly after the September 11th terrorist attacks on America, which coherently and comprehensively covered the tragic events, profiled the victims, and tracked the developing story, locally and globally.
- The New York Times, for her trenchant and incisive Wall Street coverage.
Breaking News Photography
- The staff of The New York Times, for its consistently outstanding photographic coverage of the terrorist attack on New York City and its aftermath.
Breaking News Reporting
- The staff of The Wall Street Journal, for its comprehensive and insightful coverage, executed under the most difficult circumstances, of the terrorist attacks on New York City, which recounted the day's events and their implications for the future.
- Editorial Cartooning
- Editorial Writing
- The staff of The New York Times, for its informed and detailed reporting, before and after the September 11th attacks on America, that profiled the global terrorism network and the threats it posed.
- The staff of The New York Times for its photographs chronicling the pain and the perseverance of people enduring protracted conflict in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Feature Writing
- International Reporting
- Investigative Reporting
- The staff of The Washington Post, for its comprehensive coverage of America's war on terrorism, which regularly brought forth new information together with skilled analysis of unfolding developments.
- Biography or Autobiography
- General Non-Fiction
- Official website