Bowman Lake State Park
|Bowman Lake State Park|
745 Bliven Sherman Road
Oxford, New York
|Nearest city||Oxford, New York|
|Area||660 acres (2.7 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||51,589 (in 2014)|
|Website||Bowman Lake State Park|
- Park description 1
- See also 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Bowman Lake State Park features one of the largest campgrounds in central New York, containing 188 campsites for tents and trailers, as well as several rustic cabins. The park's namesake lake is 35 acres (0.14 km2) in size and is annually stocked with trout; two additional ponds of similar size are also found within the park, offering opportunities for fishing and ice fishing. The park's facilities include a boat launch, a beach, picnic tables, and a nature center. Trails are available for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
The Finger Lakes Trail also passes through the park.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Bowman Lake State Park - Getting There". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation. "Bowman Lake State Park". Dec.ny.gov. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Keene, Ben (2013). "Bowman Lake State Park". Camping New York: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds. Globe Pequot. pp. 47–48.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Bowman Lake State Park". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- New York State Parks: Bowman Lake State Park
- Unofficial Volunteer Website for Bowman Lake State Park