Duane Lyman (1886-1966) was a Buffalo, New York-based architect considered the "dean of Western New York Architecture." He was born in Lockport, New York and attended Lafayette High School in Buffalo. He graduated in 1908 from Yale University 's Sheffield Scientific School where he studied architecture and mechanical engineering. In 1913, he settled in Buffalo and started an architecture practice. He was chief in three firms: Lansing Bley & Lyman (1912-1919), Bley & Lyman (1919-ca. 1939), and Lyman & Associates (ca. 1939-1966). He died in Buffalo in 1966 and was buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery.
- Vars Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery
- 1922: Saturn Club, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
- 1927: Country Club of Buffalo clubhouse, Buffalo, New York
- 1929: Annie Lang Miller House (Nottingham), Buffalo, New York
- 1934: Edwin M. and Emily S. Johnston House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
- 1936: Federal Courthouse at Niagara Square, Buffalo, New York
- 1937: Old Trees (remodeling), Cazenovia, New York, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
- 1950: Christ the King Chapel, Canisius College
- 1950: Williamsville Junior and Senior High School (now Williamsville South High School), Amherst, New York, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
- 1957: House at 8 Berkley Drive, Lockport, New York, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.
- 1961: addition to the Liberty Building
- 1963: Diefendorf Hall, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- 1966: M&T Bank Center, Buffalo
- Canisius College - Christ the King Chapel
- Michael J. Dillon U.S. Courthouse, Buffalo, NY
- UB Buildings: Diefendorf Hall
- Welcome to The Miller Mansion (Nottingham)
|This article about a United States architect or architectural firm is a stub. You can help World Heritage Encyclopedia by expanding it.|