International Council of Shopping Centers
The International Council of Shopping Centers Logo
|Headquarters||1221 Avenue of the Americas|
Founded in 1957, the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is the global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its more than 60,000 members in over 90 countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, retailers and brokers, as well as academics and public officials. As the global industry trade association, ICSC links with more than 25 national and regional shopping center councils throughout the world.
The purpose of The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is to advance the shopping center industry and to promote its role in the commercial distribution of consumer goods and services by:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of shopping center development, finance, management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the shopping center industry, including statistical data and other statistical research
- Developing and maintaining professional certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping center professionals
- Advocating the interest of the shopping center industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies
- Publicizing to the general public promotional and educational shopping center business information
The International Council of Shopping Centers maintains mutually beneficial relationships with national shopping center councils throughout the world. By coordinating with national councils, ICSC is able to raise its level of service and benefits to members. With ICSC's vast resources and expertise, plus the abilities and local knowledge of national councils, shopping center industry professionals reap the benefits of this synergistic relationship. The national and regional councils are:
- Argentine Chamber of Shopping Centers (CASC)
- Colombian Shopping Centers Association (ACECOLOMBIA)
- Asociacion de Centros Comerciales de Medellin (ASOCENTROS)
- Shopping Centre Council of Australia
- Austrian Council of Shopping Centers
- Belgian Luxembourg Council of Shopping Centers
- Brazilian Shopping Centers Association (ABRASCE)
- BCSC (British Council of Shopping Centres)
- Chilean Chamber of Shopping Centers (CChCC)
- Dutch Council of Shopping Centers
- Ecuadorian Shopping Centers Association (ACCECUADOR)
- French Council of Shopping Centers (CNCC)
- German Council of Shopping Centers e.V.
- Hungarian Council of Shopping Centers
- Italian Council of Shopping Centers
- Japan Council of Shopping Centers
- Middle East Council of Shopping Centres
- Mall China Information Center
- New Zealand Council of Shopping Centres
- Nordic Council of Shopping Centers
- Peruvian Shopping and Entertainment Centers Association (ACCEP)
- Polish Council of Shopping Centers
- Portuguese Association of Shopping Centres
- Russian Council of Shopping Centers
- South African Council of Shopping Centres
- Spanish Association of Shopping Centers (AECC)
- Swiss Council of Shopping Centers (SCSC)
- Taiwan Council of Shopping Centers
- Turkish Federation of Shopping Centers & Retailers (TAMPF)
- Venezuelan Chamber of Shopping Centers (CAVECECO)
ICSC's RECon brings together more than 32,000 developers, owners, retailers and lenders for education and deal making every year. RECon Asia and RECon Latin America bring the successful RECon model to these growing regions. The Canadian Convention attracts major industry players from across the United States and Canada. Value Retail News also offers Spring and Fall Conventions that focus on the outlet industry.
ICSC conducts several multiday national conferences, bringing together industry professionals to share their knowledge and experience on such critical issues as design and construction, finance, law, research, management and marketing, financial management and accounting.
More than 30,000 take part in their regional deal-making events each year. These events bring together leasing executives, developers, brokers, property managers and retailers who are ready, willing and able to do deals. At Idea Exchanges, Regional Conferences and Local Programs, attendees can brainstorm with the best and the brightest. These provide the most accessible and successful forum for personally sharing knowledge and information on industry issues.
- "About the International Council of Shopping Centers". Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "ICSC Mission Statement".
- March 2014 "Affiliates Directory".
- "ICSC RECon". Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Which Events Are Right for Me?". Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- RECon, The Global Real Estate Convention