List of Christian apologetic works
This is a list of Christian apologetic works.
- Apologia prima (English: First Apology) (c. 150-155) by Justin Martyr
- Apologia secunda (English: Second Apology) (c. 150-57) by Justin Martyr
- Πρὸς Διόγνητον Ἐπιστολή (English: Epistle to Diognetus) (c. late 2nd century), author unknown
- The Apology to Autolycus (c. 169–83) by Theophilus of Antioch 
- Octavius (before 250, likely contemporary with Tertullian's Apology) by Marcus Minucius Felix 
- Apologeticus (or Apologeticum) (c. 197) by Tertullian
- De Carne Christi (English: On the Body of Christ) (c. 206) by Tertullian
- Contra Celsum (English: Against Celsus) (c. 248) by Origen of Alexandria 
- De viris illustribus (English: On Illustrious Men) (c.392-3) by Jerome
- Apologia contra Rufinum (English: Apology Against Rufinus) (402) by Jerome
- Summa contra Gentiles (1265–74) by Saint Thomas Aquinas
- De Arte Cabbalistica (English: On the Art of Kabbalah) (1517) by Johann Reuchlin
- Pensées (1669) by Blaise Pascal
- George Berkeley
- Observations on the Conversion and Apostleship of St. Paul. in a Letter to Gilbert West, Esq (1747) by George Lyttelton, 1st Baron Lyttelton
- Observations on the History and Evidences of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (1747) by Gilbert West
- Génie du christianisme (1802) (English: The Genius of Christianity) by François-René de Chateaubriand
- Testimony of the Evangelists, Examined by the Rules of Evidence Administered in Courts of Justice (1846) by Simon Greenleaf
- Apologia Pro Vita Sua (1864) by John Henry Newman
- Heretics (1905) by G. K. Chesterton
- Orthodoxy (1908) by G. K. Chesterton
- Who Moved the Stone? (1930) by Albert Henry Ross
- The Everlasting Man (1925) by G. K. Chesterton
- The Problem of Pain (1940) by C. S. Lewis
- The Case for Christianity (1942) by C. S. Lewis
- Miracles (book) (1947) by C. S. Lewis
- Mere Christianity (1952) by C. S. Lewis
- La Phénomène Humain (English: The Phenomenon of Man) (1959) by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 
- The Existence of God (1979, new edition 2004) by Richard Swinburne
- Campus Gods on Trial (1964) by Chad Walsh
- Eternity in Their Hearts: Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the World (1984) by Don Richardson
- The Way the World Is: Christian Perspective of a Scientist (1983) by John Polkinghorne
- Reasonable Faith (1994) by William Lane Craig
- Is There a God? (1996) by Richard Swinburne
- The Signature of God (1997) by Grant Jeffery
- Beside Still Waters (1998) by Gregg Easterbrook
- The Case for Christ (1998) by Lee Strobel
- Science and Theology (1998) by John Polkinghorne
- The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict (1999) by Josh McDowell
- What Did Jesus Mean? (1999) by Ron Rhodes
- A Scientific Theology (2001) by Alister McGrath
- Faith, Science and Understanding (2001) by John Polkinghorne
- The Resurrection of God Incarnate (2003) by Richard Swinburne
- The Twilight of Atheism: The Rise and Fall of Disbelief in the Modern World (2004) by Alister McGrath
- Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life (2005) by Alister McGrath
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief (2006) by Francis Collins
- Exploring Reality (2006) by John Polkinghorne
- God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? (2007) by John Lennox
- Was Jesus God? (2008) by Richard Swinburne
- The Reason for God: Belief in Age of Skepticism (2008) by Timothy Keller
- What's So Great About Christianity (2008) by Dinesh D'Souza
- Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and Its Fashionable Enemies (2009) by David Bentley Hart
- Questions of Truth (2009) by John Polkinghorne
- More Than A Carpenter (2009) by Josh McDowell
- Life After Death: The Evidence (2009) by Dinesh D'Souza
- Ultimate Proof of Creation (2009) by Dr. Jason Lisle
- The Dawkins Delusion? Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine (2010) by Alister McGrath
- The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach (2010) by Michael R. Licona ISBN 978-0-8308-2719-0.
- The Rage Against God (subtitle in US editions: How Atheism Led Me to Faith) (2010) by Peter Hitchens
- God's Philosophers: How the Medieval World Laid the Foundations of Modern Science (2011) by James Hannam ISBN 978-1848310704
- Exposing Myths About Christianity: A Guide to Answering 145 Viral Lies and Legends (2012) by Jeffrey Russell ISBN 978-0830834662
- Avery Cardinal Dulles, A History of Apologetics, Ignatius Press, 2nd ed., 2005, ISBN 0-89870-933-4, pp. 31–42.
- Dulles, p. 31-42 ff.
- Theophilus of Antioch
- Minucius Felix (Documentia Catholica Omnia)
- Herzog, Johann Jakob; Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (December 1908). "Celsus". In Samual Macauley Jackson. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge. II. New York and London: Funk and Wagnalls Company. pp. 466.
- Dulles, p. 120 ff.
- L. Russ Bush, Classical Readings in Christian Apologetics, A.D. 100-1800, Parts 100-1800, Zondervan, 1983, ISBN 0-310-45641-X, p. 275 ff.
- Douglas Groothuis, Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith, InterVarsity Press, 2011, ISBN 0-8308-3935-6, pp. 25–31.
- Dulles, p. 297 ff.
- Colin Tudge (8 December 2007). "The art of the soluble".