Nagasaki Station (Nagasaki)
Station forecourt, December 2011
(See other stations in Nagasaki)
|Address in Japanese||長崎県長崎市尾上町|
|Line(s)||Nagasaki Main Line|
The station opened on April 5, 1905 when the railway was extended from former Nagasaki Station to the present station. The former station opened in 1897 was renamed Urakami Station.
- Lines 1
Station layout 2
- Platforms 2.1
- Adjacent stations 3
- History 4
- Surrounding area 5
- External links 6
The station has three platforms serving five tracks.
|0-4||■ Nagasaki Main Line||for Isahaya, Ōmura, Huis Ten Bosch, Haiki, and Sasebo|
|■ Nagasaki Main Line||for Kikitsu, Isahaya, Hizen-Yamaguchi, Saga, and Tosu|
|■ Kamome limited express||for Saga and Hakata|
|Nagasaki Main Line|
- April 5, 1905 - Opened by Kyushu Railway.
- July 1, 1907 - Railways nationalize and the station becomes part of Japanese Government Railways.
- October 12, 1909 - Japanese National Railways renames the line the Nagasaki Main Line (長崎本線).
- August 9, 1945 - Damaged by the atomic bombing.
- June 1969 - Elevated station is completed.
- June 6, 1976 - The track between Tosu and Nagasaki becomes electrified.
- April 1, 1987 - Railways privatize and the station is inherited by JR Kyushu.
- Nagasaki Electric Tramway Nagasaki-Ekimae tram stop
- Nagasaki Ken-ei Bus Terminal
- JR Kyushu Nagasaki Railway Division Nagasaki transportation center
- National Route 202
- Amu Plaza Nagasaki
- JR Kyushu Hotel Nagasaki
- Hotel New Nagasaki
- Nishi Kyushu Daiichi Hotel
- Twenty-six Martyrs of Japan
- NHK Nagasaki Broadcasting Station
- Nagasaki Chūō Post Office