Nippon Light Metal
|Headquarters||2-2-20 Higashi-shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Key people||Takashi Ishiyama, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Net income||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Employees||10,392 (as of March 2013)|
Nippon Light Metal Holdings Co., Ltd. (日本軽金属ホールディングス株式会社 Nihon Keikinzoku Hōrudingusu Kabushiki Kaisha) is a Japanese multinational public industrial holding company that through its subsidiaries is mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of aluminum and chemical products. It is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225.
In 1939 Nippon Light Metal Co. was incorporated jointly by Furukawa Electric and Tokyo Dento (currently TEPCO) to start the aluminum smelting and in 2012 Nippon Light Metal Holdings Co., a pure holding company for the former, was established.
Business segments and products
The Company operates in four business segments:
- Aluminum Ingot and Chemicals
- Aluminum Sheet and Extrusions
Fabricated Products and Others
- processed aluminum products including electronic materials, industrial components, landscape related products
- transportation-related products including van, truck and trailer bodies, automobile parts
- panels for freezers and refrigerators, solar panel frames, electrode sheets for aluminum electrolytic capacitors, aluminum kegs, panels for clean rooms as well as carbon products (carbon blocks)
- Aluminum Foil, Powder and Paste
- "Nippon Light Metal Annual Report 2013". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Nippon Light Metal Factbook 2013". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Nippon Light Metal History". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Businesses of Nippon Light Metal Group". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Official website (English)
- Nippon Light Metal Company (subsidiary) (English)
- Toyo Aluminium K.K. (subsidiary) (English)
- Nikkei Metal Company Ltd. (subsidiary) (Japanese)