Reservoir State Park
|Reservoir State Park|
Niagara Falls, New York
|Nearest city||Niagara Falls, New York|
|Area||133 acres (0.54 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||148,768 (in 2014)|
|Website||Reservoir State Park|
Reservoir State Park is a 133-acre (0.54 km2) state park located in the town of Lewiston in Niagara County, New York, USA. The park is situated on the south shore of the Robert Moses Power Plant Reservoir, north of the city of Niagara Falls.
- Park description 1
- See also 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Reservoir State Park is situated within the boundaries of the Robert Moses Niagara Hydroelectric Power Plant property. The park is owned and financially supported by the New York Power Authority and operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
The park offers picnic tables with pavilions, a playground, a nature trail, hiking, biking, fishing, cross-country skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, and fields for model airplane flying. The park also includes three tennis courts, eight baseball diamonds, two basketball courts, and a roller hockey court.
A $6 million improvement project, funded by the New York Power Authority under an agreement with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, was completed at the park in 2012. The project focused on refurbishing many of the park's sports fields, improving accessibility at the park's playground and constructing a warming hut near the sledding hill.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Reservoir State Park - Getting There". Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Lewiston: Reservoir State Park boasts new look". WNYpapers.com. Niagara Frontier Publications. October 24, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Reservoir State Park". Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- New York State Parks: Reservoir State Park