|Type||Public limited company|
|Traded as||(TYO: 9735)|
Secom Co., Ltd. is a security company in Japan. It was established in 1962 as the first private security company in the country. The company has operations in Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia.
Secom provides the following security services and products:
- Electronic alarm systems with 24-hour monitoring and emergency response
- CCTV (closed circuit television) surveillance systems, supported by both local and remote monitoring services.
- Access control systems which utilise biometric and proximity card technologies for centralized and decentralized access control
- Security guard services
- Sensitive material detection services which comprise equipment and personnel whose function is to detect narcotics and explosive materials.
Secom's customers include residential estates, chain stores, major shopping centres, residential apartments, multinational headquarters offices, factories and warehouses in industrial areas and several nuclear-powered electrical generator facilities.
- Official website (Japanese)