Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings
|Type||Public KK (TYO: 8309)|
|Founded||2002 (from merger)|
|Key people||Kazuo Tanabe, President|
|Revenue||¥ 468.5 billion JPY (FY 2007)|
|Net income||¥ 71.8 billion JPY (FY 2007)|
|Owners||The Resolution and Collection Corporation (30.29%)|
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc., formerly Chuo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc. (中央三井トラスト・ホールディングス株式会社 Chūō Mitsui Torasuto Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-Kaisha) is a Japanese financial holding company headquarterd in Minato, Tokyo. Sumitomi Mitsui Trust Bank is Japan’s largest trust bank, with AUM of more than $800 Billion USD. SuMi TRUST provides an assortment of financial solutions and manages a broad spectrum of financial products across its global branches. The SuMi TRUST New York branch manages a $35 billion USD portfolio of corporate debt investments in the United States, with an emphasis on stable income generation, with decades of proven business success. The areas of expertise include leveraged loans, CLOs, middle-markets, corporate bonds and project financing.
As of August 1, 2009, 30.29% of outstanding common stocks of Chuo Mitsui Trust Holdings are owned by the Resolution and Collection Corporation, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan, a semi-governmental organization.
- Chuo Trust 1.1
- Mitsui Trust 1.2
- Merger 1.3
- Global Networks 2
- Operating Subsidiaries 3
- References 4
- See also 5
- 1962 - Industrial Bank of Japan, Tokai Bank and Dai-Ichi Bank spun off their trust businesses as Chuo Trust & Banking, due to MOF's Chinese wall regulations.
- 1998 - Chuo Trust took over troubled Hokkaido Takushoku Bank's Honshū business.
- 2000 - Chuo Trust and Mitsui Trust merged to form The Chuo Mitsui Trust and Banking Co.
- 2001 - Chuo Mitsui purchased corporate custody unit from The Sakura Bank, now Chuo Mitsui Asset Trust.
- 2002 - Chuo Mitsui Trust Holdings was established to become the parent company to Chuo Mitsui group, in preparation for its business restructuring.
- 2011 - Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings was established through the share exchange between Chuo Mitsui Trust Holdings and Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.
- New York - 527 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, U.S.A. Tel：1-212-326-0600
- New Jersey (Custody business) - 111 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030, U.S.A. Tel：1-201-420-9470
- London - 155 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3XU, U.K. Tel：44-20-7945-7000
- London (Custody business) - 3rd Floor, 17 Dominion Street, London EC2M 2EF, U.K. Tel：44-20-7826-4200
- London (Securities business) - 155 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3XU, U.K. Tel：44-20-7562-8400
- Luxembourg (Custody business) - 2, rue Peternelchen, L-2370, Howald, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg Tel：352-4779851
- Dublin (Fund administration business) - Block 5, Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland Tel：353-1-603-9900
- Singapore - 8 Shenton Way, #45-01 AXA Tower, Singapore 068811 Tel：65-6224-9055
- Shanghai - 50F Jin Mao Tower, 88 Shiji Dadao Pudong New Area, Shanghai 200121, People's Republic of China Tel：86-21-5047-6661
- Beijing (Banking business) - Room 7009, 7th Floor, Chang Fu Gong Office Building, No. 26, Jianguomenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, People's Republic of China Tel：86-10-6513-9020
- Beijing (Securities business) - Room 5011, 5th Floor, Chang Fu Gong Office Building, No. 26, Jianguomenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, People's Republic of China Tel：86-10-6559-8556
- Nanjing (Trust business) - 30th Floor, Zifeng Tower, 2 Zhongshan Road (N), Gulou District, Nanjing 210008, People's Republic of China
- Hong Kong - 25/F, AIA Central, 1 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong Tel：852-2801-8500
- Hong Kong (Asset management business, Finance business) - Suites 2506-09, AIA Central, 1 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong Tel：852-2801-8800
- Jakarta - 11th Floor, Summitmas I, Jl. Jenderal Sudirman, Kaveling 61-62, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia Tel：62-21-520-0057
- Seoul - 20th Floor, Samsung Life Insurance Building, 55, Seijong Street (Taepyeongno 2-ga), Jung-gu Seoul 100-716, Korea Tel：82-2-757-8725
- Bangkok - 15th Floor, GPF Witthayu Tower A, Suite 1502, 93/1 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand Tel：66-2-252-2302
- The Chuo Mitsui Trust and Banking Co.
- Diversified financial services, stock transfer agency services, real estate operations for individual and corporate clients
- Chuo Mitsui Asset Trust
- Trust asset management business, trust asset administration business and pension trust operations for institutional investors
- Chuo Mitsui Asset Management
- Mutual fund management
- Chuo Mitsui Capital
- Private equity fund management