Tōkyū Ikegami Line
|Tokyu Ikegami Line|
Tokyu Ikegami Line 1000 series EMU, August 2004
|Line length||10.8 km (6.7 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC overhead catenary|
The Tokyu Ikegami Line (東急池上線 Tōkyū Ikegami-sen) is a railway line operated by the private railway operator Tokyu Corporation. It runs through Tokyo, extending from Gotanda Station in Shinagawa to Kamata Station in Ōta.
New 3-car 7000 series EMUs were introduced in December 2007, with a total of 19 sets due to be delivered by 2011.
- Station list 1
- Rolling stock used 2
- Former connecting lines 3.1
- See also 4
- References 5
|Station No.||Station name||Distance (km)||Transfers||Location (ward)|
Toei Asakusa Line
|IK05||Hatanodai||3.1||Tōkyū Ōimachi Line|
Tōkyū Tamagawa Line
Rolling stock used
- 1000 series 3-car sets (since 1990)
- 7000 series 3-car sets (since December 2007)
- 7600 series 3-car sets (since 1986)
- 7700 series 3-car sets
The line first opened on 6 October 1922 as a 1.8 km line between Kamata and Ikegami. On 4 May 1923, this was extended 3.7 km from Ikegami to Yukigaya.
- 1926-08-06: Keidai Ground-mae Station opens (now Chidorichō Station).
- 1927-08-19: Chōfu-Ōtsuka Station opens between Yukigaya and Ontakesan.
- 1927-08-28: Section opens between Yukigaya and Kirigaya (now closed), located between Ōsaki-Hirokoji and Togoshi-Ginza (4.7 km).
- 1927-10-09: Line opens between Kirigaya and Ōsaki-Hirokoji (0.6 km).
- 1928-04-13: Ishikawa Station renamed Ishikawadai, and Suehiro Station renamed Higashi-Chōfu (now Kugahara).
- 1928-06-17: Line opens between Ōsaki-Hirokoji and Gotanda (0.3 km), completing line.
- 1933-06-01: Chōfu-Ōtsuka Station combined with Yukigaya Station and renamed Yukigaya-Ōtsuka; Ontakesan-mae Station renamed Ontakesan.
- 1936-01-01: Higashi-Chōfu Station renamed Kugahara; Keidai Ground-mae Station renamed Chidorichō.
- 1951-05-01: Hatagaoka Station moved to Hatanodai Station on Ōimachi Line.
- 1953-08-12: Kirigaya Station closes.
The line voltage was raised from 600 V to 1,500 V DC from 10 August 1957.
The 3000 series trains were withdrawn on 18 March 1989.
On 19 March 1989, Ebara-Nakanobu Station was moved underground.
From 16 March 1998, wanman driver-only operation commenced on the line.
Former connecting lines
- Yukigaya-Otsuka station - A 1km 1067mm gauge line, electrified at 600 VDC, to Shin-Okusawa operated between 1928 and 1935, providing a connection to Okusawa on the Tokyu Meguro Line.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese WorldHeritage
- "New trains for Ikegami Line and Tamagawa Line".