|Capacity||> 500 (200 m) - 735 (low cost version +200 m)|
|Car body construction||aluminum and composite material|
|Train length||200 m (standard version)|
|Car length||Trailer car, 13 m (42 ft 8 in)|
|Width||2900 mm - 3200 mm(according to versions)|
|Maximum speed||380 km/h (236 mph)|
|Weight||287 t - 315 t (according to versions)|
|Traction system||12 synchronous motor|
|Power output||8800 kW - 10000 kW (according to versions)|
Overhead catenary or
On board generator
|Electric system(s)||25 kV/ 50Hz; 15 kV/16.7 Hz; 3kV CC; 1.5 kV CC and multivoltage|
|Current collection method||Pantograph|
|Braking system(s)||regenerative dynamic braking, pneumatic brake|
|Track gauge||Fixed gauge (1,435 mm, 1,520 mm or 1,668 mm) and variable gauge|
The train is intended to have a top speed of 380 km/h (236 mph). It will have front and rear power cars containing under-floor traction equipment, and 12 trailer cars in between the power cars, giving a total seating capacity comparable to those of an Electric Multiple Unit rather than a locomotive-hauled train. The trailer cars will have an unusually short length of 13 m (42 ft 8 in).
- There will be a version with a width of 2.9 m (9 ft 6 in) and an extra-large version 3.2 m (10 ft 6 in) enabling a 2+3 seating configuration in standard class rows and a capacity of up to 600 seats in a 200 m (656 ft 2 in) trainset.
- Versions for fixed gauge (1,435 mm, 1,520 mm or 1,668 mm) and variable gauge are foreseen.
- Traction system designed for 4 tensions (25 kV/50 Hz; 15 kV/16.7 Hz; 3kV DC; 1.5 kV DC)
Avril, a concept
Talgo began the trials of the prototype in the first half of 2012.
- "Talgo's 380 km/h Avril train to take on the airlines".
- Talgo Avril at Ferropedia (Spanish)
- "Avril, tren español de "muy alta velocidad" (in Spanish)". 20minutos. 24 September 2010.