Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Tokyo, Japan (April 8, 1918 )|
|Headquarters||Aoyama Bldg. 2-3, Kita-Aoyama 1-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8636, Japan|
|Key people||Yoshinari Kudo, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||¥ 100.935 billion) (FY 2013)|
$ 11 million (FY 2013)(¥ 1.213 billion) (FY 2013)
|Employees||1,916 (consolidated) (as of December 2013)|
Footnotes / references
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. (東海カーボン株式会社 Tōkai Kābon Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese company. The company is a developer and stockist of graphite material for use in nuclear power, particularly electrical discharge machining electrode, high temperature, and mechanical applications.
The company was founded in 1918 as Tokai Electrode Mfg. Co. Ltd. with a plant in Nagoya and the head office in Tokyo. In 1975 it changed to its present name, Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. It is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
- Company locations 1
- Business segments and products 2
- References 3
- External links 4
In Japan Tokai Carbon has:
- Manufacturing plants in Ishinomaki, Miyagi, Chigasaki, Kanagawa, Taketoyo, Aichi, Ōmihachiman, Shiga, Hōfu, Yamaguchi, Kitakyushu and Ashikita, Kumamoto
- Laboratories in Oyama, Shizuoka, Taketoyo (Aichi), Hōfu (Yamaguchi), Ashikita (Kumamoto) and Chigasaki (Kanagawa)
- Branch offices in Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka
Business segments and products
- Carbon black for use in the tire (as a pigment and reinforcing agent for tires) and rubber industry
- Carbon and ceramics
- Industrial furnaces and related products for fine ceramic, glass and electronic parts industry
- Other operations
- "Company Outline". Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Company Profile".
- "Financial Statements".
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average".
- "Company Network". Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2012". Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Products". Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Official website (English)
- Tokai Carbon Europe (subsidiary) (English)
- Tokai ERFTCARBON GmbH (subsidiary) (German)
- Tokai Carbon USA (subsidiary) (English)
- Tokai Carbon Korea (joint venture) (Korean)
- Tokai Carbon (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. (subsidiary) (Chinese)